Rocklands Reservoir, located on the Glenelg River, is GWMWater's largest reservoir. It was originally constructed to supply the now decommissioned Wimmera-Mallee Domestic and Stock channel system. In more recent years it has an important role to play in the region as a recreational destination. A unique feature of Rocklands Reservoir is that all entitlement holders, including the environment, are eligible for water supplies from the reservoir.
The reservoir also has six location buoys on the water for each of the six main camp grounds. These buoys help boats locate their position on the lake.
- Available in the neighbouring State Forest (adjacent to foreshore).
- Camp grounds are managed by the Department of Environment, Lands, Water and Planning. For more information visit https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/recreational-activities/walking-and-camping
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- boat ramps available
- permitted during duck season only
- must be under control at all times and tied up at night
- to be kept on a leash in picnic and camping areas or when near other visitors
- camp away from other visitors at established camp grounds if camping with dogs
- bring own bag to remove any faeces deposited by your dog
- must not enter the water, excluding duck season for the retrieval of ducks
The boating authority for Rocklands Reservoir is GWMWater.
We're currently working with a special Rocklands Recreation Management Plan Working Group to develop a plan to improve the recreational use. A draft plan will be available for public comment soon.
- Feels like 12.4°C
- Relative Humidity 47 %
- Rainfall 0.0mm
- Wind S at 11 km/h