Lake Bellfield is located in the eastern Grampians near Halls Gap and has an inlet from Fyans Creek. Lake Bellfield supplies water to Halls Gap and Pomonal. It's also the main source of supply for the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline system, supported by Taylors Lake. The lake is used for recreational activities such as boating, fishing and picnicking. Please note that boats with an internal combustion engine are not permitted at Lake Bellfield.
Natural disasters in past years, such as the Mt Lubra fires in 2006 and the floods of January 2011 have affected water quality, turbidity and the colour of water at Lake Bellfield.
A private caravan park is located adjacent to the dam wall
- located at the Lake Bellfield observation tower/viewing area
Camp fires only permitted at picnic area
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- powerboats are not permitted
- shooting is not permitted
- are not permitted
The boating authority for Lake Bellfield is GWMWater.
- Feels like 12.4°C
- Relative Humidity 82 %
- Rainfall 0.0mm
- Wind SW at 9 km/h