Lake Fyans is a small off-stream reservoir with a small natural catchment. Despite its small size, Lake Fyans supplies water to Ararat, Stawell and Great Western, as well as to some Supply-by-Agreement customers.
The lake is one of the most important recreational lakes in the region. It hosts a number of activities including sailing, jet skiing, hunting and caravanning.
A 9.6 km walking track around the perimeter of Lake Fyans is a feature with splinter tracks available to explore the diverse plant life, nature trails and bird trails.
Together, we can keep our towns COVIDSafe
This Summer will be different to any other, and we must work together to keep public land and waterways open and safe for Victorians to enjoy. Under the Last Step - coronavirus roadmap for reopening, travel is permitted throughout Victoria and facilities at our recreation lakes, including campgrounds, are open. Being COVIDSafe is everyone’s responsibility. Be prepared and follow these measures at all times.
Private caravan park available
- is not permitted
- check CFA website or Vic Emergency App for up-to-date information
- permitted in properly constructed fireplaces in line with Country Fire Authority's warnings and restrictions https://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/can
- fire must be completely extinguished with water, not soil, before the last person leaves
- permitted during duck season only
- must be under control at all times and tied up at night
- to be kept on a leash in picnic area or when near other visitors
- bring own bag to remove any faeces deposited by your dog
- must not enter the water, excluding duck season for the retrieval of ducks
The boating authority for Lake Fyans is Northern Grampians Shire Council.
We've developed a plan to improve the recreational use of Lake Fyans.
See what's planned. Lake Fyans Management Plan (574kB, 30 pages)
- Feels like 4.0°C
- Relative Humidity 68 %
- Rainfall 0.8mm
- Wind SW at 7 km/h