Got a query?
Top five queries
- What assistance is available to help me with my water bills?
We understand that sometimes life gets tricky and you might be struggling with your water bills. If you’re struggling, get it touch with us as soon as possible and we can help you with initiatives such as:
- Payment arrangements
- Applying for concessions
- GWMWater Customer Support Program
- Utility Relief Grant Scheme
- Rebate Scheme
Find out more about concessions and grants or call us for a confidential discussion on 1300 659 961.
- What is allowed at GWMWater lakes and reservoirs?
- What are the current water restrictions in my area?
All Victorian towns are under Permanent Water Savings Rules when staged water restrictions aren’t in place.
- How can I use water wisely?
There’s a number of simple adjustments you can make to your everyday life in order to use water wisely.
- What payment arrangements are available?
You can pay your bill in a few ways:
- BPAY - Biller Code 79855
- Direct Debit Payment by Centrelink (Centrepay)
- Credit card via POSTbillpay online or over the phone
- Payment in person at any Australia Post office or our Horsham office
- Via mail to PO BOX 481, Horsham, 3402
Blue-green algae warnings
Green Lake - Blue-green algae warningLast update
Regular testing has detected levels of blue-green algae above levels considered safe for recreation use at Green Lake.
We warn the public to avoid direct contact with the water. People may still boat, sightsee and enjoy other activities at the lake that do not involve direct water contact.
Warning signs have been positioned at major recreational areas around the lake and will remain in place while the warning is current.
Lake Wartook is an important water resource in the region. It's the primary water source for Horsham and Natimuk, as well as being an important resource for Supply System 6 of the Wimmera Mallee Pipeline. The lake also provides important environmental flows.
Located on the MacKenzie River in the central Grampians, Lake Wartook is popular with locals for activities such as fishing.
Together, we can keep our town COVIDSafe
This Summer will be different to any other, and we must work together to keep public land and waterways open and safe for Victorians to enjoy. Under the Last Step - coronavirus roadmap for reopening, travel is permitted throughout Victoria and facilities at our recreation lakes, including campgrounds, are open. Being COVIDSafe is everyone’s responsibility. Be prepared and follow these measures at all times.